This is a very important day for the Occupy Movement. We need all occupiers to join us Tuesday. We have been given a great opportunity to teach young people the history of the movement, what the movement is doing right now and why we are fighting for their future and the future of America. We keep asking, how can we get young people involved. This is it, a perfect way to reach out and get them involved in our community. Don’t let this opportunity slip away. Benedictine University is estimating that 320 students will be in attendance for this event.
E-mail us at [email protected] and let us know that you are coming to help with our largest teach-in to date. If we do this well, there could be other opportunities in the future for teach-ins to build the movement. Don’t forget to bring your sign. “PEOPLE UNITED WILL NOT BE DEFEATED”
April 17th, 2012 Schedule Of Activities:
- 8:30 a.m. : Arrive and meet in the lobby of the Rice Center
- 9:00 – 9:15 a.m. : Benedictine will give an overview of the events for the day
- 9:15 – 9:25 a.m.:Overview of the interactive simulation rally
- 9:30 – 10:10 a.m.: Simulated rally (bring signs)
- 10:15 – 10:45 a.m.: Occupy and Tea Party presentation
- 10:45 – 11:15 a.m.: Student Q & A with Occupy and the Tea Party
- 11:15 – 12:00 p.m.: Lunch will be served at the Rice Center.
This is a very important date for the Occupy Movement. We need to show up in numbers and show these students and teachers why we do what we do.
E-mail [email protected] that you are coming. Questions, need a ride? Call Bob Bowers at 630-327-8166